Join the Edmonton Food Council
Our 2021 application process will begin on May 3rd and close on May 31st. We welcome you to apply!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that is helping shape the future of food and agriculture in Edmonton? The Edmonton Food Council comprises 15 members and accepts new members once a year for three-year terms.
As a volunteer committee of the City, the Edmonton Food Council’s primary role is to advise and act on matters related to the ongoing implementation of fresh: Edmonton’s Food and Agriculture Strategy. The Edmonton Food Council aims to engage with the community on relevant and timely food and urban agriculture issues. Specific activities that the Edmonton Food Council undertakes to perform this role include:
- Providing advice to City of Edmonton administration and other key stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of implementation
- Identifying emerging issues and opportunities
- Proposing key work priorities to the City
- Maintaining relationships with the food and urban agriculture community
- Engaging with the community on relevant and timely issues
- Facilitating connections between key players, such as various City departments, community partners and local food businesses.
The Edmonton Food Council meets on the second Tuesday of every month.
Before you apply, applicants are encouraged to review:
- fresh: Edmonton’s Food and Agriculture Strategy
- the Edmonton Food Council’s Terms of Reference
- the Edmonton Food Council’s blog
To Apply, Please Submit:
- The Online Application Form
- Your Resume
- Two Letters of Reference.
All materials must be received by 11:59 PM on May 31st, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please email supporting materials to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed by the Edmonton Food Council Governance Committee. All applicants will be contacted regarding the status of their applications. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed in June of 2021. Appointments will be made by July 31, 2021.