Would you like to join the Edmonton Food Council? Our 2017 application process will begin on April 1, 2017 and close on April 30, 2017. We welcome you to apply!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that is helping shape the future of food and agriculture in Edmonton? The Edmonton Food Council is comprised of 15 members and accepts new members once a year, for three-year terms.
As a volunteer committee of the City, the Edmonton Food Council’s primary role is to advise and act on matters related to the ongoing implementation of fresh: Edmonton’s Food and Agriculture Strategy. The Edmonton Food Council aims to engage with the community on relevant and timely issues related to food and urban agriculture. Specific activities that the Edmonton Food Council undertakes to perform this role include:
- providing advice to City of Edmonton administration and other key stakeholders
- monitoring and reporting on the progress of implementation
- identifying emerging issues and opportunities
- proposing key work priorities to the City
- maintaining relationships with the food and urban agriculture community
- engaging with the community on relevant and timely issues
- facilitating connections between key players, such as various City departments, community partners and local food businesses.
The Edmonton Food Council meets quarterly.
Before you apply, applicants are encouraged to review:
- fresh: Edmonton’s Food and Agriculture Strategy
- the Edmonton Food Council’s Terms of Reference
- the Edmonton Food Council’s blog
Please submit 1) the online form along with 2) your resume and 3) two letters of reference.
*If you would prefer to submit your application by mail or fax, you can print and fill out the Edmonton Food Council Application 2017 (PDF).
All materials must be received by 11:59 PM on April 30, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please email or mail supporting materials to:
Kathryn Lennon, Principal Planner
8th Floor, Edmonton Tower
Edmonton, AB T5J 0J4
Applications will be reviewed by the Edmonton Food Council Governance Committee. All applicants will be contacted regarding the status of your application. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed in May of 2017. Appointments will be made by July 1, 2017.